Monday, April 11, 2011

What Mozart Really Looked Like?

You may have seen the video I posted a while back about Mozart's alleged death mask. Since I am 99% convinced that it is his, I painted a portrait based on this mask. I found that the face resembles the portrait of Mozart painted by his brother-in-law Joseph Lange, the portrait that Mozart's wife Constanze said looked the most like him. While I am an amateur painter, I think one can get the basic idea. What do you think?......

(There's nothing wrong with your computer...that's a watermark over his face :))

The picture of the mask that I referred to hundreds of times while painting.

The Lange portrait.
While Mozart's hair appears brown in this painting, he actually had blond hair. Some artists think that Lange painted the hair brown because he was in a darker room.

5 comments:

  1. Did you really paint that?! God has given you an incredible gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, you painted him well for an amateur, but he was one ugly man

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of the best paintings I've seen and you you say you are a amutuer
    What???

    ReplyDelete

Any inappropriate comments will be removed immediately. Please, no profanity or swearing in your comments. Please use correct spelling (no abbreviations or "Instant Message/Texting Spelling". Thank you for your consideration!