Friday, April 22, 2011

The Seven Last Words of Christ

Today this show was being played on television in remembrance of Christ's Passion and death. I didn't catch the opening credits and therefore didn't know exactly who the composer was. As I listened, I thought, "This is either Händel or Haydn (a very good friend of Mozart's, who inspired him in many ways). Händel, because it is a religious theme, or Haydn, because it sounds like Mozart, but it isn't quite him." Soon I decided that it wasn't Händel because it didn't sound Baroque in the least. So, it must be Haydn...and it was!

This is Haydn's "The Seven Last Words of Christ".
I didn't upload these videos, but I gathered them into a playlist on YouTube for you to enjoy and meditate on.

May God bless you this Good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any inappropriate comments will be removed immediately. Please, no profanity or swearing in your comments. Please use correct spelling (no abbreviations or "Instant Message/Texting Spelling". Thank you for your consideration!