Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mozart and King George VI

Yesterday I finally watched the movie "The King's Speech", which I had been wanting to watch for some time. I was not disappointed! It was a great movie...very inspirational. What does this have to do with Mozart, you may ask? Well, watch the video I recently uploaded and you'll find out. In the movie, King George VI (at the time Prince Albert, Duke of York), has a horrible stammer and meets with Lionel Logue, a speech therapist, to see if he can help him fix his problem. I don't want to explain any more because I don't want to ruin the movie for those who haven't seen it yet and want to.
I apologize for the poor quality of the video...I hope you can still enjoy it!

The Mozart piece you hear is the overture to The Marriage of Figaro, K. 492.
Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A Major, K. 622, 1st Movement, 
is also one of the main pieces in the movie.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen the movie, but my sister said it was good. I'm not sure what to think of Mr. Darcy's change of occupation...

    :P

    ReplyDelete

Any inappropriate comments will be removed immediately. Please, no profanity or swearing in your comments. Please use correct spelling (no abbreviations or "Instant Message/Texting Spelling". Thank you for your consideration!